Smile Confidently with Quality Dental Implants in Mississauga
If you’ve lost a tooth or teeth, you can prevent more teeth from falling out and maintain your appearance with dental implants. They are an excellent functional yet cosmetic option anchored to the jawbone with titanium, which bonds with the bone to create a lasting connection. Unlike standard dentures, you do not need to take out dental implant-supported crowns at night, but they must be brushed and flossed like natural teeth. Implants look and feel like natural teeth, giving you a natural, fuller and more functional smile.
If you need dental implants in Mississauga, trust the experienced dental professionals at Dentistry in Streetsville with the surgical placement of the implant. Call us today to find out if an implant in Mississauga is your ideal option! With our responsive and caring staff, we have been able to help our clients regain their confidence and perfect smile. Many of our clients have shared their experiences on our website.
Why Do You Need Dental Implants?
There are several reasons why you might need a dental implant, including:
- Missing tooth: If you have lost a single tooth due to injury, decay, or other reasons, a dental implant can be an effective way to restore your smile and provide a sturdy and natural-looking replacement.
- Missing multiple teeth: Whether you have adjacent or non-adjacent missing teeth, implants can support dental bridges or implant-supported dentures, providing a secure and long-lasting solution.
- Denture stability: Dental implants can greatly enhance oral health and overall comfort if you wear dentures that fit poorly or feel unstable. Implant-supported dentures can be attached to implants placed in your jaw, ensuring a secure fit and eliminating concerns about denture slippage or discomfort while eating or speaking.
- Jawbone maintenance: They act as artificial tooth roots, stimulating the jawbone and preserving the integrity of the jawbone. Implants help maintain facial structure and prevent complications associated with bone resorption.
- Better self-esteem: They look and feel like natural teeth, providing an aesthetically pleasing and durable solution that helps boost self-esteem and improve the overall quality of life.
Consult with our dental professionals to determine if dental implants are the right choice for your situation. Our clinic is child-friendly too. We are here to examine and assess your child’s oral health.
Dental Implant Process
Getting dental implants is a long-lasting solution for all patients who are missing one or more teeth. A healthy implant securely holds the denture, crown or bridge prosthetic, making it extremely easy to carry out daily activities
If you can receive dental implants, the process will go as follows:
- The dental implant, a cylindrical post made of titanium that acts as the root of your new artificial tooth, is placed surgically into the jawbone.
- Your implant will fuse with your natural jawbone as you heal, forming a strong foundation for your replacement teeth. The healing process will take a few months, but you can proceed with your normal daily activities.
- After the implant integrates with your jawbone, a small abutment will be placed on top to connect the implant to the replacement tooth or teeth.
- Individual teeth, implant-supported bridges, or multiple teeth dentures can be attached to the abutment to provide your complete smile.
Dental implants are surgically placed and fused to the bone. Before your surgery, our dentists will review your medical history, go over a treatment plan with you and may take a CBCT scan of your jaw. They are very durable and have a high success rate but, like any medical procedure, can fail. They are ideal for everybody. However, they are less suitable if you are a heavy smoker, have severe gum disease, or have severe teeth clenching problems.
Visit our gallery to understand how we have been able to help our clients with our dedicated services.
Dental Implants vs Dentures
Many of our clients choose dental implants over dentures for reasons to do with functionality and appearance. Most prefer the natural look of dental implants and living without worrying about inserting and removing their dentures.
Another factor that propels our clients to choose implants is the ability to enjoy various foods. Generally, dentures make it hard to chew certain foods, mainly the hard and sticky kinds. Since implants mimic the functioning of natural teeth, you don't have to abstain from these foods with them.
Dentures often require added maintenance on your part. You will have to undertake a special cleaning procedure when you wear them. With implants, however, you must regularly brush and floss as you would with your natural teeth.
Lastly, dentures are prone to dislodging while speaking. With implants, you never have to worry about the discomfort of loose and wobbly dentures.
Caring for My Implants
It is essential to take good care of your teeth and oral hygiene to ensure the optimum standard of oral health. Here are some tips on how you must care for your implants:
- It is important to clean them twice daily with a soft toothbrush, just like your natural teeth.
- Use toothpaste that is mild and not abrasive.
- While you brush your implants, it is important to do so thoroughly. Regular flossing is essential as you must thoroughly clean the space between the gums and implant.
Exercising reasonable care and caution with dental implants will ensure you enjoy them for many years.
Dental Implant Restoration
Dental implant restoration refers to the process of restoring an implant with a prosthetic tooth or a dental restoration attached to the implant. Once a dental implant is surgically placed in the jawbone and fully integrated with the surrounding tissues, the implant becomes a stable and durable foundation for restoration.
The process offers a long-lasting and reliable solution for replacing missing teeth. It not only restores your ability to bite, chew, and speak confidently but also helps maintain the structure and integrity of your jawbone.
Get a Healthy & Reliable Smile with Dental Implants in Mississauga
Dental implants look, feel, and function very much like natural teeth. With a dental implant in Mississauga in our office, you’ll be able to treat your smile as you always have, but always be sure to brush, floss, and visit your dentist for regular checkups and cleanings. Much like regular teeth, dental implants need to be cared for with regular flossing and brushing your teeth. Review the testimonials to see what our clients say about our services. Call Dentistry in Streetsville today to book your first appointment for a dental implant in Mississauga.
Frequently Asked Questions, Answered!
Get answers to some of your dental health-related questions.
How Successful Are Dental Implants?
The success rate of dental implants depends on the individual, their medical history and oral hygiene. Another critical factor is correctly placing the implants in the jaw, so working with an experienced dental office like Dentistry in Streetsville is essential. However, they can last long when good care is maintained!
Are Dental Implants Painful?
While going through a dental implant procedure, it is typical that most people have little to no discomfort. Even if the dentist uses just local anesthesia, the pain is generally less than a tooth extraction. You may experience mild soreness that is treatable with over-the-counter medicines.
What Are the Materials Used in Making Dental Implants?
Generally, dental implants are made up of titanium, the standard material suitable for producing good-quality implants. However, with the improvement in technology, some new materials (like Zirconia) are also used as materials.
Different materials, such as ceramics, porcelain, and metals (typically Gold), are used. You can always contact us to know the material suitability of your dental implants with our professional dentists.
Benefits of Opting for Dental Implants
There are several advantages you can enjoy with a dental implant. Some of them are:
It provides an improved appearance with natural-looking teeth.
It helps with improved speech, preventing a mumble or slur of words.
Unlike dentures, dental implants offer eating comfort without pain.
They are durable and easy to maintain.
At Dentistry in Streetsville, we believe in providing complete customer satisfaction, as your oral well-being is our number one priority. You can rely on us for quality craftsmanship when restoring dental implants or any other dental services, including dentistry asleep, teeth whitening, or even emergency services.